It’s prime strawberry season! I’ve been playing around the past few weeks with bringing strawberries into savory dishes, and finally I can say that I’ve found a winner. Crunchy radishes and creamy avocado help ground the sweet strawberries in something a bit more satiating. Top it all with tangy feta, mint, and a balsamic sumac pistachio dressing for a perfect warm weather treat. No pans, just a bit of chopping and you will have this on your table in no time!
- Opt for feta in blocks, its always fresher and tastier than the pre-crumbled stuff.
Strawberry, Avocado, and Radish Salad with Pistachio Sumac VinaigretteCourse: Appetizers, Sides, SaladsDifficulty: Easy
- For the dressing
⅛ cup shelled pistachios
3 tbsp olive or avocado oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sumac
Salt and pepper to taste
- For the salad
3 radishes, thinly sliced
6 strawberries, cut into quarters
1 large avocado
Handful of torn mint leaves
Handful of crumbled feta
Olive oil, crunchy sea salt, and freshly ground pepper for garnish
- In a small mortar and pestle, crush the pistachios. Alternatively, you can give them a quick chop on a cutting board.
- In a small bowl (or directly in the mortar and pestle), combine the pistachios with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit and skin. Cut into cubes.
- In a wide bottomed serving bowl (or whatever you plan to serve or eat the salad out of), combine the avocados, strawberries, and radishes.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with mint leaves and feta.
- Finish with an extra drizzle of olive oil, crunchy sea salt, and freshly ground pepper.