Using just a handful of ingredients, this mash is super comforting, creamy, and everything you need for your holiday table!
- 3 medium – large sweet potatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 4 tbs butter
- 1.5 tsp honey
- 1.5 tsp ras el hanout
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 tbs of tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the tip off a clove of garlic
- Place sweet potatoes and garlic on baking sheet and coat in olive oil. Poke sweet potatoes with fork all over
- Bake in the oven— sweet potatoes will need 45-60 minutes and the garlic needs 30 minutes
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, beat them the butter, honey, a dash of cinnamon, and .5 tsp of ras el hanout with a handheld electric beater until whipped and smooth. Set aside.
- Remove garlic and sweet potatoes from oven and let cool.
- Once cooked, squeeze the garlic out of their skins into a large bowl and beat with a handheld electric beater until it forms a smooth paste.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and add the flesh to the garlic bowl and continue to beat until everything is smooth.
- Add 2 tbs of the tahini, 3 tbs of the honey butter, and the remaining spices and best until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to heat, heat up the potatoes in the microwave and top with the remaining tbs of tahini and honey butter.