This no fuss side dish comes together in no time. The gremolata and fried shallots can be prepared in advance, and the green beans are roasted at the last minute.
- 1 pound Green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup parsley
- 3 tbs parm grated
- 1/3 cup olive oil + 1tbs
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- Oil for frying
- Coat your beans in 1 tbs oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast beans in 425 oven for about 10 minutes
- Finely chop your almonds, parsley, and garlic. It’s ok if the almonds stay a little chunky.
- Combine above ingredients with lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and 1 tbs parm until a chunky paste/sauce forms. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fry shallots in oil until crispy and brown, careful not to burn. Drain on towel.
- Assemble with green beans on bottom, drizzled sauce, more grated or shaved parm, and the shallots on top.